Jump to content


Photo

Need help in DW8 adding a recordset


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mysty

mysty
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:29 PM

I am in Chapter 10 of "DW8 with ASP, CF, & PHP" by Jeff Bardzell and have hit a real snag.  I am trying to add a recordset(query)  in the bindings panel.  This brings up the menu where you specify recordset name, connection, and table.  When I do that and run "test", I get an error.  In fact, I got two.  The first one says "mysql error 1054 - unknown column 'colname' in 'where clause'.  This first error message only showed up one time.  the second message is a long message and says "While executing onclick in serverBeh-PHP-simpRS.htm, the following javascript error occurred: 'at line 252 of file C:\.....DW8\configuration\shared\MM\scripts\RecordsetDialogClass.js'  Exception thrown in native function"
It seems to be isolated in one column of one table, exercizeReqd.  All the others work fine when "test" is clicked.  Anybody have any ideas?  This really has me stumped.

#2 moberemk

moberemk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 10:09 PM

The first error only pops up when DW can't connect with the database, and the second seems to be something bad in the database. Try deleting and re-creating that table of the database-it may be corrupt.
Disclaimer: No matter how harsh I may be, I'm always IMO only.

#3 mysty

mysty
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:49 PM

By trial and error I figured this out.  What I ended up doing was changing the TYPE field in one of the rows.  The "bad" type was bit(20).  I changed it to tinyint(20) and everything is working now.  I am not totally positive about this but I believe that bit was replaced with tinyint in the newer version of MySQL.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users