foreign language display

I need to retrieve and store text in a foreign languages e.g. Thai.

Can I create the pages with Dreamweaver? Storing "Thai text" in mysql using PHP ... ?

This is new to me ..would appreciate if somebody can give me a hint or point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot.

Jack

Hi, I would recommend using the charset of "utf-8". I recently had to do a mirror site in Hebrew. Lots of trouble for an English-based program (Hebrew reads right to left). Always check your browser for how everything is displayed...as Dreamweaver sometimes doesn't show you exactly how the characters are displayed in the browsers. Hope this is a start to helping you. Do a google search for "utf-8 dreamweaver and your language of choice" ... this should give you information that you need.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Leslie for the pointer.

the following looks good in Dreamweaver, but it doesn't display it (the Thai) correct when I view it IE 6.

Cn somebody give me a hint .. Highly appriacted!!

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text-html; charset=utf-8">

<style type="text/css">

.thai {font-family:"Cordia New",Ayuthaya,Tahoma,"Arial Unicode MS";}

</style>

</head>

<body>

<p></p>Latin text followed by <span class="thai" lang="th">สารบัญเว็บไทย</span> and more Latin text.</p>

</body>

</html>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.