Wordpress: Show list of posts from next (older posts) page

haaki

Hi,

On my wordpress blog's index page I show excerpts of my three latest post. Below these, I have three columns of which each shows the latest headlines from selected categories.

How can I make these headlines "change" to the older headlines as the user clicks "older posts"?

I would actually like these columns to always show headlines from the posts that are on the pages after the one you are currently on.

If the question is hard to understand, it might make more sense if you look at the site: http://www.theafricatravelblog.com

The code for the headlines section is now:

<div class="headlines">
<div class="leftlines"><h3>Africa Travel Blog Posts</h3>
	<ul><?php query_posts('cat=-6,-46&showposts=3')?>
	<?php if (have_posts()) : ?>
			<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
			<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><li><h2><?php the_title(); ?></h2></li></a>
			<?php endwhile; ?></ul>
			<?php else : ?>
			<p class="center">Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.</p>
	<?php endif; ?></div>
<div class="rightlines"><h3>Quick Africa News</h3>
	<ul>	<?php query_posts("cat=6&showposts=3")?>
		<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><li><h2><?php the_title(); ?></h2></li></a>
			<?php endwhile; ?></ul>
	<?php endif; ?></div>
<div class="centerlines"><h3>Fellow Traveler's Blog Posts</h3>
		<ul>	<?php query_posts('cat=46&showposts=3')?>
			<?php endwhile; ?></ul>
	<?php endif; ?>
</div>
</div>

Thank you very much for all help!!

-Haaki

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.