What the best webhost for a "Myspace" type site?

workbench

I dont know if this is the correct forum to post in...but, I just set up a Myspace Clone for a client and was wondering what the best option is for hosting it.

Currently she's using a basic Ipowerweb plan, and since its shared with about 700 other people, it sucks.

The database is down on average, 2-5 hours every couple days, which as you can imagine shuts down the entire site for that time.  Which makes her extremely unhappy.

There is the option of moving to a VPS on Ipowerweb, but she's hesitant to go that route seeing as the customer service has been horrible thus far and she seems to think that the downtime she's experience has little to do with her current hosting plan and more to do with Ipowerweb.

So, My question is...will moving to a VPS alleviate these problems?  Have any of you had a previous experiences?  A dedicated server is too cost prohibitive, so thats out of the question.  But on the other hand she's not looking for a bang for her buck alternative either.  She's willing to spend between $50-75 a month for piece of mind.

Any suggestions?  Please.  Any response would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

I offer business web hosting plans. $69.95/mo for 12,000mb webspace, 250,000mb bandwidth, 99.99% uptime, 24/7 support, My website is currently under reconstruction but you are more than welcome to contact me for my other plans. The server currently only hosts ~30 domains, and 45 websites or so. I do have experience hosting large community sites. Feel free to email me, as PMing is disabled on these forums: bradcis@charter.net.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.