How to prepare a Good Quote

phpdeveloper82

hello,

I recently started freelancing and now into this field on a full time basis. Most of the enquiries that I received on past days was small or modifications.. and were not ready to pay highly..

How can I prepare a good quote ? can you suggest any site ?  I have years of  experience but not worked this side of managing side..

Thanks Team...

Hmm.. I mean no offense, but perhaps you're jumping into things too quickly? I certainly wouldn't be jumping into freelancing without doing some serious homework on many fronts (including quotes). One book I have is called the Graphic Artists Guild Hand book to pricing and ethical guidelines (I have the older 2003 edition). While it centers around graphic artists, the book goes into details concerning copyrights issues, pricing considerations, cancellation / rejection fees, contracts, invoices, etc.. Could give you some good insight into such issues.

Obviously, there are other resources to be found out there as well on such matters (be it in books at your local book store or online). Best to educate yourself prior to jumping into the fire so to speak. I'm reminded of a business expression "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail". The better prepared you are before doing something, the better the odds of you succeeding (this is not to say that a little failure won't teach you some valuable lessons, as learning the hardway is definitely one way to go).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.