an interesting php problem regarding checkboxes

arunsuri

hello friends this is arun here

friends i m working on a project in php and facing some problem but i hope i got a solution here.

my problem : i have a invitees_present form which is connected to a database in mysql.
now when i run my page it retrives some names from the database and corresponding chack box.
now i have to check some selected check boxes and then store the values in database table. but on the onclick of check boxes at client side how i can save these values in database.one more thing to remember is that the number of checkboxes i got are dynamic in nature how i can named all these. is there any concept of array in html or otherthings i have to do .

help me ,your suggession can build a good project by me
                      thanks in advanced

arun

Do update the database from the client side you will need to use ajax. Its fairly easy.

you can indeed create arrays of elements in html : use name="chkbx[1]" , chkbx[2] etc.

Or just chkbx[] if you want these fields to auto generate their indices.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.