Firefox or IE ?

Cetanu

I currently love Opera,

it's just like KingPhilip said:

I think Chrome to me now, is what Firefox was to IE when I first switched. Something new and exciting, a lot faster, and cool new features not found in the other one.

(just replace Chrome with Opera :))

But no matter what you choose, JUSt DON'T CHOOSE IE ;D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think dreamwest is pulling everyone's leg, no one can be that straight faced about making claims of a browser that holds less than 1% of the market and must be paid for being 'gods browser' lolol. He's just trying to get a reaction from the crowd (which seems to be working).  :tease-03:

I think dreamwest is pulling everyone's leg, no one can be that straight faced about making claims of a browser that holds less than 1% of the market and must be paid for being 'gods browser' lolol. He's just trying to get a reaction from the crowd (which seems to be working).  :tease-03:

Im 100% serious! I love avant as much as i love BING......i think thats called being open minded to try new things :P

Im 100% serious! I love avant as much as i love BING......i think thats called being open minded to try new things :P

Hmm.. I think there's a large difference between being open minded (and nothing wrong with that of course) and declaring something is the best 'Pomp and Circumstance' style (having posted a link to meaningless awards granted from sites / organizations who most people never even heard of, much less care about)). Personally, while I never tried that browser plugin, I have extreme doubts it would be better than anything else. And to have to pay for it? Who the hell in their right mind pays for stuff like that these days?

As for Bing, yeah, I confess I like it.. not going to convert from Google though.. even with Yahoo's search most likely consolidated into Bing, I still don't think it's going to be enough. Google will [abbr=Krush, kill and Destroy]KKnD[/abbr] everyone in it's path.

Personally, while I never tried that browser plugin, I have extreme doubts it would be better than anything else. And to have to pay for it? Who the hell in their right mind pays for stuff like that these days?

Its free always has been.

Oh and by the way ....  http://download.cnet.com/windows/web-browsers/?tag=bc

More downloads that firefox OH YEAH!!

Wow you use avant? Thats junk. Netscape navigator 2.0 > Avant. I just love netscape navigator. I mean who doesn't like that N logo with that greenish background? Or the browsing...an absoulte miracle! I don't even know why they made IE or FF when you could've just used netscpae navigator 2.0!!!

Oh by the way on the FF vs IE...my answer is: Netscape navigator 2.0.

Ignoring the fact that firefox had more downloads last week, has a higher rating by both the users and editors of that site and that this is only one place you can download the respective programs you have conclusively proved avant is more popular than firefox.

Personally, while I never tried that browser plugin, I have extreme doubts it would be better than anything else. And to have to pay for it? Who the hell in their right mind pays for stuff like that these days?

Hmm.. I think that's downloads on CNET only.. the better question is how many total downloads for both from everywhere. Firefox 3 alone broke 28 million for download day 2008, and according to this link, Firefox has been downloaded over 300 million times (since inception).

In either case, I'm no Firefox fanboy (I prefer the new kid on the block [chrome]).

From Cnet:

Avant is a good browser with some nice built-in features and interface-customization options' date=' but the lack of extensibility and Vista problems don't help. [b']We recommend it to users who want a Microsoft-based engine but think that Internet Explorer 7 is a pain.[/b]

Who seriously wants a browser that is based off of a Microsoft engine - when they can't even properly render valid W3C markups?

I generally use Chrome, however. I have 20 odd tabs open in chrome constantly so if I need to quickly look up something, I'll just open up Opera tabs free and do it. I also use Firefox 64bit (Minefield), however with no flash support, I find myself back in Opera for those quick youtube videos or whatever. With all these web browsers, Why touch IE and give yourself headaches? lol

uh...didn't FF just recently hit the 1 billion mark on downloads?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10301013-92.html

lol seriously dude, you're like 5 years behind the times..

Damn.. didn't know it hit that point.. I stand corrected.. yeah, as you can see, I don't keep tabs on that stuff..

So there you have it, dreamwest... how do you like them apples?  :-*

Nobody said 1 billion users, but rather 1 billion downloads. Besides, you can apply the same argument against Avant. From a technical standpoint, Avant is inferior to Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari due to the underlying rendering engine the respective browsers are using.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally prefer chrome over them all i used to be a ff user but found that chrome is hat slight bit better in that u can choose the memory that u want each tab to use quite a cool feature and looks wise i think it plays it part better

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.