Problem with same password validation in cakephp model

sonoton345

I'm doing password validation in one of my model - jobseeker.php - which works fine during registration. The problem is when a user is editing his/her profile, it still does validation for same password (entered password do not match error comes up), is there a way to bypass this if just editing profile and use it only during registration?

var $validate = array(
								'username' => array(
											'unique' => array(
														'rule' => array('checkUnique', 'email'),
																	'message' => 'Email already registered.'
											)
									),
								'password' => array(
								'notEmpty' => array( 
									'rule' => array('minLength', 6), 
									'required' => true, 
									'allowEmpty' => false, 
									'message' => 'Password has to be at least 6 characters long'
								),
								'password_similar' => array( 
										'rule' => 'checkPasswords',
										'message' => 'Entered passwords do not match' 
								))
							);
function checkPasswords($data) {
	if ($this->data['Jobseeker']['password'] == $this->data['Jobseeker']['password2'])
	  return true;
	else
	return false;

}

Thank you. someone pointed me to a jquery plugin, so instead of doing validation in model I'm doing it in view which solved the problem.

Now I have another problem..what could prevent pages that use the database from not loading (the status bar is just stuck)  while other pages not using the database are loading perfectly? I wasn't having this problem before till I changed the validation.

Set your debug value to 2 in the config settings to see if there is an error. 

I also would advise against validation on the client side.  A user can easily bypass validation by turning off javascript.  I only think javascript is a solution if you are using ajax, otherwise you are doing things twice.  Don't rely on javascript. 

Again, you can still validate the other fields in the model, just don't pass the password in the $this->data array.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.