New website almost finished

gevans

Hey guys,

projects.purplecoffee.co.uk/aquitaine/

There's the link. Site's almost finished, about four pages left to add content to...

The nav uses a javascript drop down (no alternative), that's a personal critique right there.

Built in codeigniter, thus we have seo friendly urls

All important images have text overlays and heading tags.

Running nav.

Coresponding links are highlighted (main nav, drop down and footer).

Have a look and see what you think.

Looks good, but I can tell you used a template, the building looks like one that came with the template, not yours.

That's not a template. My designer made the designs, and that image is a dummy image that will be replaced by the clients work. (The building is a photo that he took in portsmouth, england and photo-shopped).

Remember, people are lazy you need to make it clear that you are a fiduciary services group, announce it in big letters in the center of your page.

I see what you're saying, but the first line of content on the page is 'Aquitaine Group Limited is a truly independent Guernsey based fiduciary services group.'.

Thnaks for your comments.

Remember, people are lazy you need to make it clear that you are a fiduciary services group, announce it in big letters in the center of your page.

I see what you're saying, but the first line of content on the page is 'Aquitaine Group Limited is a truly independent Guernsey based fiduciary services group.'.

Yes, but you need to let people know what your site is about within the first 2 seconds, by the time they start reading that article, you've lost them, you have plenty of empty real estate next to the picture of the building, USE IT!

ps:

I love your logo at the top left of the page, that weird thing over the tail of the "Q" really looks professional.

Yes, but you need to let people know what your site is about within the first 2 seconds, by the time they start reading that article, you've lost them, you have plenty of empty real estate next to the picture of the building, USE IT!

I love your logo at the top left of the page, that weird thing over the tail of the "Q" really looks professional.

Good point, I may bring it up, it would also balance the text of the page a bit.

ps:

Cheers, wish I could take credit, but I just put everything in place ;)

i really like the design i agree that you need to tell people what you do theres a good place for a slogan right next to the logo

Yes I think you're right, I will suggest this.

also i would extend the bar across the bottom of all the links across all of them

Could you explain this further?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.