LMAO - Why we don't use Opera.

TheFilmGod

Opera, the company, was looking to buy more servers.  Lots of them.  Servers cost money.  Lots of it.

So everyone who sells servers was excited to send test servers to Opera so that Opera could perform internal testing on them.

Typically each company provides an administrative interface for managing their servers, just like your web host gives you a cPanel / WHM / Plesk.  Many of these administrative interfaces are web applications that require JavaScript.

One of the larger server manufacturers had a piece of JavaScript code in their administrative software for the server that basically said, "We don't support Opera."

so i used a .gif picture with transparent red

this works fine in FF and IE, but not in Opera

don't care if it's fast, it has to be good and opera isn't good at displaying pages

so i really can't blame them, heck it's the most sensical piece of javascript i ever came across

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.