[SOLVED] $_POST Looping help

fareforce

I have never been good with looping, but I know there has to be a better way other than what I am doing.

I have an html form that has a lot of fields, and is using the POST method, and sending it to my php file. In my php file I currently have

$First_Name = $_POST[First_Name'];
$Last_Name = $_POST[Last_Name'];
$Address = $_POST['Address'];
$City = $_POST['City'];
$State = $_POST['State'];
$Zip = $_POST['Zip'];
$Phone = $_POST['Phone'];
$Mobile = $_POST['Mobile'];
$email = $_POST['email'];
....etc.

and it works fine, but I am just trying to clean it up a little. What is a better way of doing this?

It's a bad idea to use extract() on user input like the $_POST array, at least when it's used without a safer flag than the default EXTR_OVERWRITE. E.g. if your script looks like this (worst case scenario):

<?php
$admin = false;
extract($_POST);
if ($admin) {
//admin access
}
?>

A user could simply POST admin=something to the script and gain admin access.

Edit: Basically says the same as above ^^^

If you are going to use extract(), set the second parameter to EXTR_PREFIX_ALL and use a unique prefix (3rd parameter.) This will cut down on the number of hackers breaking into your script because extract() without doing that will allow a hacker to set any of your existing program variables to anything he wants. So if you have code like $admin = 1; (a common variable name used to indicate you are an administrator to your script) a hacker could just set that by providing a POST variable by that same name and value.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.