1st Apache Install... 1st Apache Issue... eeeek maybe?

TerryGirl

Hi there... and my apologies in advance for a question that has [b]n00b[/b] written all over it  :).

I just installed apache2.2 to be used as a local test server on my HD (winxp), and I received the follow error messages that seem to prevent the server from starting:

[list]
[*][error] File does not exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/[b]favicon.ico[/b]
[*][error] File does not exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/[b]CFIDE[/b]
[/list]

I'm assuming the reference may be located in the [b]'httpd'[/b] file, but I was unable to locate anything related in httpd file...but hey I'm such a n00b I fear my assumptions are probably incorrect  :).

Can anyone tell me why apache is looking for these two particular files, and how (or if) I can bypass the use of these files to get apache to start on my local HD so that I can test my first php webpage?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

--Terry

These shouldn't stop Apache from running. The first error most people will get anyway, as on every page reguest Apache tries to find a file called favicon.ico, this can be disabled. But is used by the browser.

However the secound error, appears to be file you are trying to request in your browser which doesnt exists, as you shouold get a 404 error message.

For more information on "FAVICON"

What is a favicon?
Favicon (pronounced fav-eye-con) is short for 'Favorites Icon.' A Favicon is a multi-resolution image included on nearly all professional developed sites. Within Internet Explorer the Favicon is displayed on the Address line and in the Favorites menu. The Favicon allows the webmaster to further promote their site, and to create a more customized appearance within a visitor's browser. Often, the Favicon reflects the look and feel of the web site or the organization's logo.

to create your own favicon try these links

http://www.imageauthor.com/

as for the "CFIDE" error

"CFIDE" is a ColdFusion MX directory. What that error is telling you is that there is no such folder within your root directory.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.