Javascript warning ok!

redarrow

I have recently done a survay on the use of javascript and using php.

if you ar desining websites for personal use then javascipt is fun, but if you are designing a website for a client then forget it.

out of 100,000 users on the internet only 10 persent use javascript so the ansaw to all javascript users is dont bover.

as a desogner you have to be more open minded and get to no css in a more advance way and also use php to it's limits.

the story is that a large company used the buzz term ajax to make a huge project but the company went bust due to the lack off users willing to enable javascript via there browser so my advise is forget it.

good luck.

I don't believe this either, I think your figures are either the wrong way around, or your cross section of users were sourced on a JavaScript haters forum. You're saying that an estimated 90% of people that use the internet have disabled a piece of functionality in their browser that is switched on by default - I'd be supprised if 90% of the people that used the internet knew what JavaScript actually is... I also highly doubt that your company went bust because of the sole fact that you used JavaScript on your website.

[quote author=redarrow link=topic=103818.msg413670#msg413670 date=1155281809]
that why i done the survay becouse my company went bust lol

a large browser company has also asared me that there browser wont be having nothink to do with javascript soon.

they will only be support for flash.

scary man.................
[/quote]

Hmmmm when ever you get back please tell me what browser company...

[quote author=corbin link=topic=103818.msg413697#msg413697 date=1155284108]
[quote author=redarrow link=topic=103818.msg413670#msg413670 date=1155281809]
that why i done the survay becouse my company went bust lol

a large browser company has also asared me that there browser wont be having nothink to do with javascript soon.

they will only be support for flash.

scary man.................
[/quote]

Hmmmm when ever you get back please tell me what browser company...
[/quote]
It's obviously not one of 'the big 3', they'd be shooting themselves in the foot big time. And also ONLY support Flash out of the box? All of the browsers that I know of require Flash to be installed as a plug-in, and allow a lot more support than just Flash. Someone is 'aving you on mate. Oh, and you can't use CSS to fully replace JavaScript.

The actual stats for the javascript is thus:

40% roughly don't use javascript
60% roughtly do use javascript

out of the ones that do use javascript only a small portion of that are actual programmers like us, thus if your web page is orientated towards the programming community javascript might be a bad idea.

That is actual stats taken from over 200,000 different websites, all including a wide vareity of topics.  Link not availiable, took it from a microwave.

Where was this survey taken? I'd like to see that, because I don't really believe that 90% of the internet users have it disabled. Try look at this forum, it uses javascript too (like most other forum systems).

Could the site be one of those that show up on this page: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22javascript+haters%22&btnG=Search

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.