Zend Admin path routing

zinbiel

Hello phpfreaks!  :shy:

I'm currently trying to recode my own libraries using the Zend framework. This is my problem:

By default Zend (the dispatcher?) upon access of let's say http://localhost/A/test is trying to Find an action 'testAction' in the 'A' controller.

This is fine for the public portion of my websites. However I'd like to use a different path parsing technique for the administrator interface:

I have created an AdminController which takes care of the login part. When someone authenticates I want them to be redirected to /admin/user/view and this url to be parsed as an action listAction in the UserController and not as userAction in AdminController.

Right now I'm using the redirector helper and I can forward it to the proper url with

$front=Zend_Controller_Front::getInstance();
$front->setBaseUrl('/admin/');
$this->_helper->redirector('view','User');

However I'd then have to rewrite the route for each class and action inside the /admin/ path which sounds wrong.

In addition to that, by simply rerouting let's say /admin/user/view to call viewAction in UserController the url helper seems to be still outputing /user/view. I would like to fix that as well so some Controllers' urls are looked for in /admin/ instead.

Can someone advice on a clean way to solve this?  :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll answer this myself for anyone interested as I've solved it and moved way past it.

In my bootstrap file I've reconfigured routing as such:

$ctrl = Zend_Controller_Front::getInstance();
$router = $ctrl->getRouter();

For the login/logout function I wanted that handled by the AdminController and actions loginAction, logoutAction so:

$router->addRoute(
'admin_login',
new Zend_Controller_Router_Route('Admin/login', array('controller'=>'Admin','action'=>'login'))
);
$router->addRoute(
'admin_logout',
new Zend_Controller_Router_Route('Admin/logout', array('controller'=>'Admin','action'=>'logout'))
);

For the rest of the actions I wanted every remaining url in the admin area handled by seperate controllers. This is done like this:

$router->addRoute(
'Admin_generic',
new Zend_Controller_Router_Route('Admin/:controller/:action/*', array('module'=>'default'))
);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.