need help with sql upload

newb

i want the file name to be renamed to the same as the id number thats auto_generated in the database but its not!.

[code]
<?php                                 
                                  if (move_uploaded_file($file_tmp,$upload_dir.$file_name)) {
                                  // success!
include "dbconfig.php";
    $query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `style_imgupload` ORDER BY id ASC LIMIT 2");
    $row = mysql_fetch_array($query);

$uid = $row['id'];
    rename("styles/$file_name", "styles/$uid$ext");

echo "File $i: ($uid$ext) Uploaded.<br>";

}else{
                                        echo "File $i: Faild to upload.<br>";
                                  }#end of (move_uploaded_file).

}#end of (file_exists).

}#end of (file_size).

}#end of (limitedext).

}#end of (!is_uploaded_file).

}#end of (for loop).

$id = mysql_insert_id();
$insert = mysql_query("INSERT INTO style_imgupload (id, active, author, author_url, ip_address) VALUES ('$id', '$active', '$author', '$author_url', '$ip_address')");
if (!$insert) {
    die('Invalid query: ' . mysql_error());
}
?>
[/code]
whenever i submit information it doesnt rename to the same id as whats generated in the database. please help!

ok i fixed the mysql database problem, but whenever i submit something it doesnt rename to the same id as whats in the database. i want the file name to be renamed to the same as the id number thats auto_generated in the database but its not!. please help!

well, its suppose to rename the file to the next number. kinda like auto_incrementing on tables in sql.

here's my sql table:
[img]http://www.flickcabin.com/sessions/306f2f2b636bb59e1cf9d7d43b71c978a1eed72c/table.PNG[/img]

whenever i upload a file, its suppose to rename that file to the exact id number as whats in the id field on that table, but its not doing that :(.

however, whenever i upload something or a file, it inserts the data into the table just fine, but it doesnt rename the file to the same id number as in the table, it just renames it to something else.

it just renames them to 1.jpg, im assuming it does that because thats the id number in the first row. im fully aware my code is this:
[code=php:0]$uid = $row['id'];
[/code]
im guessing thats why it does that. however, i dont want it to rename a file to 1.jpg each time i upload something, and thats what its doing. is there a way to fix it??? any one can help??

Use this the first time when you select data, order it by id descending and limit it to 1.
when renaming set the file name to the resulted id +1.

That means
Change

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `style_imgupload` ORDER BY id ASC LIMIT 2")

to

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `style_imgupload` ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 0, 1")

and

to

$uida = $uid+1;
rename("styles/$file_name", "styles/$uida$ext");

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.