Session persistance

KittyKate

Alright, I am feeling really dumb right now, but I can't get my session to be persistent. Am I failing to set something, or some strange thing?

Is the session cookie supposed to be automatically set, or am I supposed to call something? Each page calls session_start(), and if there is any validation of the user's login, the session_id is supposed to be updated. However, checking my cookies, I don't have a PHPSESSID set. What step am I missing?

Which fields should be set to on?

The one which may be a problem, that I can see, is "session.auto_start = off", but I seem to remember that being something that you'd want anyway -- also why I have to call session_start() in the first place. The "session.cookie_lifetime = 0", which I believe means infinite/when the browser closes, right?

This bug is just confusing me! I'm re-writing a previous employee's code to make it more secure, and I know sessions were working before for him. I didn't think I changed that much! *sigh*

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.