#1 flandercan

flandercan
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 20 February 2003 - 07:31 PM

Hello folks,

I have installed apache and sql server, when i use an sql command from the php script i get an error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/sqltest/sql.php on line 5

line five reads

$link = mysql_connect( \"localhost\", $user, $pass);

I am using RH8 and have installed all parts from the cd for apache and sql but it still seems as though mysql_connect is an undefined function,

what have i missed out??

thanks
Paul
To much information is never enough............ [br] [br] [br]I really could do with a coffee.....

#2 effigy

effigy
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 21 February 2003 - 12:01 AM

php needs to be compiled with the --with-mysql=/path/to/mysql option.
Regexp | Unicode Article | Letter Database
/\A(e)?((1)?ff(?:(?:ig)?y)?|f(?:ig)?)\z/

#3 flandercan

flandercan
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 February 2003 - 12:08 AM

thanks i understand but im still not sure ? i have installed the RPM from the package list in RH8 should i remove the php and download source, compile it and then install it??

it seems long winded for somthing that should really be there as standard?

thanks
To much information is never enough............ [br] [br] [br]I really could do with a coffee.....

#4 flandercan

flandercan
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 16 October 2003 - 09:12 PM

Its been a while since i solved this so ill jot it down if someone else has the same problem,

I installed red hat 8 and the sql and php from the package manager. What i needed to do to get them talking was install the phpsql bit but had to boot from the cd and perform an upgrade, then find the module in the detailed software list and install that. Then it worked perfect.

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users