Did PHP Freaks and WebHostFreaks just go down?

We aren't running hourly backups on this server. That's being done on another server. This one only does daily backups at midnight server time.

Is there something else running on the hour then? I too have access problems fairly regularly on the hour...

I've some some overall optimization today. Using SMF's "page generated" time on the bottom of the page, it seems like most of the pages generates in less than 0.1 seconds and many pages generates in less than 0.05 seconds. That should be sufficiently fast.

I'm still not sure why people would get hourly lags. I can't say I experience this, and I know that there is no intensive tasks run hourly.

Actually last night I noticed a lot of lags from about 7 till 7:07 (GMT). I thought it was my connection at first but other pages worked no problem. Seemed to be the during loads the pages were taking either really long to load, or started loading, say the header and nav, then paused for a while and then finally finished. There also seemed to be spikes, like for a few seconds it'd work fine but then slowed right down again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.