[SOLVED] going crazy when adding a form to a table

Reaper0167

i am using dreamweaver to place a table on a page, no problem there. i then make the table as small as possible(height). after adding a form to that table, i can't keep my same height. it doubles the height of my table after the form is added. in design mode in dreamweaver it looks ok, but when I view the page, the height of the table is doubled after the form is inserted. What is going on? Is that just how it is? I can tell the table doubled in height cause of the background color.

We cant help allot without seeing the code and any css ( if any ) but I can lend some useful info

NEVER rely on the wysiwyg in dreamweaver, its not showing you how a browser would render it, its just giving you an idea on how it might render ( or how dreamweaver interprets what you have done ) ... ALWAYS check in your browser / browsers ( preferably browsers ) to see if it looks ok

Another piece of useful info at this point might be that you don't have to use tables for any type of layout, look into css, once you have grasped the basics, you will find it easier, faster and better.. Its also the recommended way that a site should be built, as tables were never designed to be used for layouts, they were designed for tabular data ( for example: football scores ).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.