confemo.com

CorkyMcDoogle

Hello...

I've been working on a new web site. I basically just started it as a way to learn PHP. I think it has served its purpose pretty well... now I'm trying to turn it into an actually worthwhile site.

http://www.confemo.com

Please tell me how I can improve the site for design or funtionality. Thank you.

Tis ok. The text is a little small.
It could do with some colour - even just the <a hrefs

The navigation bar is ok - could be improved.

Your xhtml doesnt validate. Your php code seems good tho.

I added a complaint in - and it would not bring me to the post page - it just kept going back to itself.

-steve

go to submit.
choose type - complaint
type in a a title and some text below.
type in the security code
submit

It goes to a page where it says
"Success! Your message was entered.
You're being taken back to the index. "

but it just refreshes the same message and I never see the index.

-steve

Thanks for pointing that out...

I didn't understand what you were talking about because that problem isn't there in Firefox. So after a couple minutes of thinking I tried IE and I saw what was happening to you. I fixed it.

Again, thanks for testing it. It could have been a unreported bug for a long time.

I had some problems posting, and when I finally did manage, slashes were included (Yes I'm the 'coders disease guy', and yes all of it is true  :P No kiddin').

You might want to fix that.

BTW: WTF's up with your ordering of posts, it's crooked. This app is buggy as ****.

Ok, let me rephrase that: it needs work. Serious work.

I'm not sure what happened with the dates/ordering. Something must have happened to the database this morning because when I checked the site all of them had the same exact post date. (Screwing up the order) They weren't like that yesterday.

Maybe thats why you had trouble posting? I think my host must have bugged out this morning somtime and reset some stuff. What type of problems were you having?

As for the slashes... I thought that was part of the whole 'coder' post lol. I'm not sure why that was done either... none of the other posts with quotes add slashes...

Ok, I'll try to recall what happened.

I was having my $n'th cup of coffee, when I got stuck coding, so decided to visit the phpfreaks forums. I looked in ws critique and found your thread. I decided to post. So I clicked the 'misc' link box thingy at the bottom af the page. I got to a page where I could write text;

I noticed I was required to specify a category, although I had just clicked a link implicating I wanted to post in a specific category (you might want to fix that - is that a standard phrase or what).

I went on writing about what I've been experiencing the last couple of days  :P lol. (Yes I really ditched my (now ex-) girlfiend.)

I submitted the post, nothing happend. I ctrl-a>ctrl-c'd the text as I always do (for buggy apps like yours and IPB  :P), so I pasted the code and tried again. Nothing happend. The text was kept though, and probably WHITH slases. So in my frustration I submitted once again, but appearantly with slashes.

Be sure you remove slashes before you display a string again. All I can say.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.