NinV - Nuclear Invasion

DEVILofDARKNESS

I actually think it is really clear how you can navigate, the only problem may/seems to be the background picture.  On my pc (and also on my WII browser) it was shown direct, but maybe because I have a fast internet connection...

(I also cleared my cache and reloaded the site but still in 1 second the picture was there...)

It's really not very clear, though.  Why is the 'Users" link more prominent than the 'Home' link?  Why not have a login box right in the main page?  Should things like users, ranks, and stats be visible to non-members?  What does any of it mean in the context of the game?  What is the game about, anyway?  Everything is floating around without any context to put it all together.

Your lack of page structure stems, in part, from that lack of content.  Okay, this is some sort of post-apocalyptic game set in the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust.  That's not really descriptive, though.  It's a sentence, not a description.  How do I play?  What are the game's features?  Is it a RPG?  Is it a Civilization-esque game?  Is it turn-based?  Is there a way to win, or does it just progress infinitely?  These are the things your site needs to address.  No one is going to play a game they don't understand.

Your home page should answer these questions briefly, with separate specialized pages for additional info if needed.  Users shouldn't need to press 'Register' to get a taste of the game's story.

In terms of making the site better looking, you really need to look critically at existing sites.  The vast majority of sites share common design elements.  Why?  Because they work.  Headers, footers, etc all serve a purpose.  Not having them is a distraction.

Keep in mind, you don't have to be a Photoshop expert to make a decent looking site.  In fact, simple, clean designs are all the rage right now.  But you should have some sort of overall structure and a look that will compliment your content rather than hide it.

I actually think it is really clear how you can navigate, the only problem may/seems to be the background picture.  On my pc (and also on my WII browser) it was shown direct, but maybe because I have a fast internet connection...

(I also cleared my cache and reloaded the site but still in 1 second the picture was there...)

It's really not very clear, though.  Why is the 'Users" link more prominent than the 'Home' link?  Why not have a login box right in the main page?  Should things like users, ranks, and stats be visible to non-members?  What does any of it mean in the context of the game?  What is the game about, anyway?  Everything is floating around without any context to put it all together.

Your lack of page structure stems, in part, from that lack of content.  Okay, this is some sort of post-apocalyptic game set in the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust.  That's not really descriptive, though.  It's a sentence, not a description.  How do I play?  What are the game's features?  Is it a RPG?  Is it a Civilization-esque game?  Is it turn-based?  Is there a way to win, or does it just progress infinitely?  These are the things your site needs to address.  No one is going to play a game they don't understand.

Your home page should answer these questions briefly, with separate specialized pages for additional info if needed.  Users shouldn't need to press 'Register' to get a taste of the game's story.

In terms of making the site better looking, you really need to look critically at existing sites.  The vast majority of sites share common design elements.  Why?  Because they work.  Headers, footers, etc all serve a purpose.  Not having them is a distraction.

Keep in mind, you don't have to be a Photoshop expert to make a decent looking site.  In fact, simple, clean designs are all the rage right now.  But you should have some sort of overall structure and a look that will compliment your content rather than hide it.

Yay! I like the way this was said, and I agree, you should listen to Nightslyr. :)

Bit much.. It's supposed to be a 'background' image. The contrast between the text and the image is too much, and the text is centered still. The colors used for the nav menu don't match in. Why are the links 'users' and 'extra' stood out from the rest? You still have the scrolling text on the register page which is really annoying. The logo is very bland and plain, no imagery used at all.

Basically what I think you need to do is make it look more.. boxed in. At the moment it looks like you've used drag 'n' drop software which gives it no flow or, readability. Should scrap this and start over.

It looks very drag 'n droppy, now that I think about that. I despise drag and drop. Notepad, ftw. You may just want start over, as MrAdam said, because right now you're just focusing on the current design and modifying it. If you start anew you'll be more open-minded. Well....you should be.

Ah its's changed - must have been cached. Does look better, still though the background image is a little ugly and in your face. What's with the very slow scrolling title? Marquees and such are best avoided all together in my opinion. There's also a weird mouse over problem with the content, the background disappears. Definitely getting better though!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.