Revenue idea for phpfreaks (Second attempt)

I got a better idea..

whenever someone comes along without a session set somehow...it sends you...dreamwest a PM

I don't really see the revenue in all that but..you could just add up all of the PMs in your inbox and create a lump sum/product/average/equation out of it all and send that amount to us....in dollars/cents/pence/euros/whatever..

Secondly, why the hell are you double posting...now look what you've done...5 posters already in a double post.

:facepalm:

Oh sweet! I love that idea!  :D

Could we also have a pop-up where you go on the phpfreaks site and then when you close it away, you get another pop-up!!!  ;D And even when you close that, it does it just one more time!!!

Think about it! This is what dreamwests suggests in money scale except 3x the amount of money!!!  :smoker:

Or maybe a banner under every 2 posts in the forum as well?

Or maybe if someone breaks a rule they have to click a banner or get suspended from the site!

Dreamwest, if we work together, we could possibly think of a million and 1 ways to make phpfreaks turn into a billion-dollar corporation!

Could we also have a pop-up where you go on the phpfreaks site and then when you close it away, you get another pop-up!!!  ;D And even when you close that, it does it just one more time!!!

Yeah if one was greedy one could do it -> but its a little extreme

Yes i would suggest something like that as well, but under the second post of EACH page :D

Dreamwest, if we work together, we could possibly think of a million and 1 ways to make phpfreaks turn into a billion-dollar corporation!

Now that would be fun :P

But overall it wouldnt bother me one bit that phpfreaks was raking in the big bucks, i would consider it good buisiness practice and would be happy for them

Yeah if one was greedy one could do it -> but its a little extreme

Yes i would suggest something like that as well, but under the second post of EACH page :D

Now that would be fun :P

But overall it wouldnt bother me one bit that phpfreaks was raking in the big bucks, i would consider it good buisiness practice and would be happy for them

Okay, well I was just being a /little/ bit sarcastic... :-\

If you haven't gotten the hint from the rest of the people, annoying advertisments = less people, less people = less clicks, which is bad all around.

If you haven't gotten the hint from the rest of the people, annoying advertisments = less people, less people = less clicks, which is bad all around.

Youtube has ads (introduced) and theyre not doing too bad.

gamefaq.com has intro popup, so does tv.com

.....so why would phpfreaks suffer an alternate fate.

Youtube has ads (introduced) and theyre not doing too bad.

gamefaq.com has intro popup, so does tv.com

.....so why would phpfreaks suffer an alternate fate.

When I get redirected from the page I go to, first thing I do is ctrl + alt + del and then end task my browser.

A pop-up/banner is hardly in the same league as redirecting.

Also phpfreaks is not in the same league as those websites. Those websites are all ranked (Or close to it) over 1000. Phpfreaks is around 10000. Also, phpfreaks is growing and quite rapidly. Stunting the growth isn't the smartest idea.

How about if phpfreaks purchase loads of email lists and mail them to everyone 3 times a day...  :facewall:

or, you could go for junk-mail straight to your letterbox, that would be good, the first forum to do it..  :hammer_time:

maybe phpfreaks could add a splash page full of ads before you even hit the site, that way you cant miss them :headslap:

maybe there is a tone of sarcasm in my post, but it was intended to be that way....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.