manage site in DW8 with PHP/Mysql on remote server

I have developed most of my first dynamic site using my local computer as my server.  I have gotten a hosting package and am confused as to how this works with this new remote server (my host ISP).
When in manage sites, I think I have the local info correct. 

1) The remote info and testing server are both set to FTP access.  Is this correct?  What are the other settings supposed to be?
2) How do I get my database uploaded to the server?  Am I supposed to create a 'db' folder on my site and then upload from there?  Sorry, this is not clear to me.

Hello there.
Normally your hosting should provide you with the FTP login and password. And your database connection too
Most of the sites use PHPMyAdmin. A simple tool that lets you create a database or just paste an SQL dump.
An SQL dump is achieved by using whatever GUI you use to run your queries locally, once you have the .sql file, you can open it (it is a text file), copy its entire content and paste in an SQL window within PHPMYAdmin. that will create an exact duplicate of your datatbase on the server.
I created a site on one of the many free php servers wondering around (php1h.com) you might want to give it a try to see how it works

Hope it helps!
Demian

[quote author=mysty link=topic=104099.msg415071#msg415071 date=1155494867]
I have developed most of my first dynamic site using my local computer as my server.  I have gotten a hosting package and am confused as to how this works with this new remote server (my host ISP).
When in manage sites, I think I have the local info correct. 

1) The remote info and testing server are both set to FTP access.  Is this correct?  What are the other settings supposed to be?
2) How do I get my database uploaded to the server?  Am I supposed to create a 'db' folder on my site and then upload from there?  Sorry, this is not clear to me.
[/quote]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.