upload Document

chico1st

Hey i know how to upload pictures but i was wondering how to upload files like word documents?
Idealy i would like to automatically convert them to PDF's, and extract the full text.
The data base will also be small so im not too worried about efficiency
Thanks for any help you can offer
THANKS!

Wouldn't we all... I'm sure you can find a 3rd-party tool that converts stuff to PDF, and extracts the text as well.  But none of this has to do with MySQL -- it has no idea what type of binary data you're uploading anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Do have any idea where a full list of COM functions are available.

So far all I have seen are examples including Open(); Close(); Printout(); Clear(); Release();

What I need is the ability to read an MS file (.doc, .rtf, .xls...) and copy it the clipboard or a db.

Any ideas at all, where to find these ellusive functions would be greatly appreciated.

Rene
cyberviewfx.com

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.