Mysql auto delete row

Gruzin

Hi, not quite sure what you mean by automatically....

But if you have an auto_increnment column, just query ORDER BY DESC 0,1 (Chooses most recent)

then delete that.....

if you want to do it automatically, I guess you could have an actual date colum, then get the date from DB as a variable in php
take out the ' / ' lines so it becomes an int. then just use a  if($dateofentry > "08082006") { } .

... Yeah duno if that'll work just throwing ideas around.. lol theres probably an inbuilt var class for dates in php to use in those sort of scenarios.. cant help you there though sorry GL

Wat i mean to say is--
Have a column named 'time'.
The script which you use to write to the table should put time() in there.
The script where you delete, checks the time and subtracts sum time and checks if it is greater than the time stored and deletes dose.

~~RG

[quote author=RockingGroudon link=topic=104170.msg415325#msg415325 date=1155547309]
Wat i mean to say is--
Have a column named 'time'.
The script which you use to write to the table should put time() in there.
The script where you delete, checks the time and subtracts sum time and checks if it is greater than the time stored and deletes dose.

~~RG
[/quote]
Yes think I understand, Thanks a lot:)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.