Pull records from start of Fiscal Year?

Moron

Our Fiscal year begins July 1. I want to pull records from that date forward and I also need it to understand calendar year changeover. In other words, next February 2007, I want it to understand that the Fiscal Year started July 1, 2006.

[quote author=AndyB link=topic=104212.msg415475#msg415475 date=1155568207]
How is the date stored in your database table?
[/quote]

By Month, Day, Year. I also wrote a function that combines these...

$combineddate="$RESULT[Lmo]$RESULT[Lda]$RESULT[LYR]";

[quote author=Moron link=topic=104212.msg415479#msg415479 date=1155568481]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, Lord!  It would make your life so much simpler if you stored the date using a single database field using the date format (yyyy-mm-dd). Then manipulations like the selection you want would be a zillion times simpler.  Unless you are absolutely committed to your own unique date storage method, I'd really recommend you change it to yyyy-mm-dd since that will make lots of sorting/retrieving by date much simpler - and I expect you'll have more of them in the future - otherwise you're in for lots of coding headaches.

If your concern is how 'difficult' it is to get people to enter dates in that format, use a simple, human-friendly, javascript date picker to do it for them.

[quote author=AndyB link=topic=104212.msg415493#msg415493 date=1155569450]
[quote author=Moron link=topic=104212.msg415479#msg415479 date=1155568481]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, Lord!  It would make your life so much simpler if you stored the date using a single database field using the date format (yyyy-mm-dd). Then manipulations like the selection you want would be a zillion times simpler.  Unless you are absolutely committed to your own unique date storage method, I'd really recommend you change it to yyyy-mm-dd since that will make lots of sorting/retrieving by date much simpler - and I expect you'll have more of them in the future - otherwise you're in for lots of coding headaches.

If your concern is how 'difficult' it is to get people to enter dates in that format, use a simple, human-friendly, javascript date picker to do it for them.
[/quote]

Heh heh! Trust me, I'm not committed to anything at all! I'm a total newbie at PHP and I'm struggling to get a program written. The problem is that this is an old database and it's all I have to work with.

:)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.