Open PHP page in Parent window...

obaluba

Hi,

I think this is fairly simple although I have been tearing my hair out all day! Basically.. I have a html page which has an iframe on it which loads a php page which contains a form. Once the form is filled out I have this code to return it to another html page. currently the html page is loading in the iframe, I need to find a way to make it load in the parent of the iframe if you like...

The code I have is below for this section...

$ThankYou = $_GET['ThankYou'];
if ($ThankYou != "") {
    $message    = "Thankyou, you will now be forwarded to the technical section.";

header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
header ("Location: http://www.google.com");
}

I tried adding this having found it on another site:
header("target_parent");

but didnt seem to work

any help would be greatly appreciated  :)

thanks

I think that what you would need to do is nothing to do with PHP but is to do with your POST you need to POST to the parent frame and then let that process and change the header location as using headers changes that single file e.g. inside the iframe instead of what you want which is the actual page the user see's

Maby there is some javascript you can use to do this if you ask in JS forum?

Liam

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.