what do you use to creat your site??

runnerjp

I use MacroMedia studio 8 for most of my coding needs and use Adobe Photoshop for the layout. Also, I sometimes use Corel Graphics Suite for some of my graphics. <---Wish that I hadn't spent the money on that one. Photoshop and Fireworks is all that is realy needed.

I set Dreamweaver 8 to code view and use photoshop for design. I say it is definitely smart to get an IDE with syntax highlighting and autocomplete to help you be more productive.  You don't have to use the WYSIWYG, just use the code view.  I think it is funny when people think they are special for using notepad or similar for coding.  Make your life easier, do you really want to type the doctype/head and other basic things everytime you want to write a new page?  Get a good editor, I happen to like dreamweaver on windows and I've used Quanta Plus on Linux.  Some people like bluefish for linux but I preferred quanta.

I use Zend Studio Standard at home and Homesite at work. I used to use Macromedia Studio, but it has far to many bells and whistles for my taste. I prefer coding in a clean, non/wysiwyg environment, but there is a lot to be said for syntax highlighting, IMHO. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.