Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akrytus

FTP Download

I am interested in downloading a file from a ftp server using php here is what I have:

[code]
function FTP_File ($dir,$file){
  $remote_dir=$dir."/".$file;
  $local_dir="c:\\".$file;
  $handle=fopen($local_dir, 'w');
  echo "Getting file: $remote_dir, and putting it $local_dir<br>";  // For testing purpose
  if(ftp_fget($_SESSION['FTP'],$handle,$remote_dir, FTP_BINARY)){echo "SUCCESS!";}
  else {echo "Didnt Work!";}
}
[/code]

Output:
[quote]
Getting file: /public_ftp/POS/Restaraunt Manager/Common/Security Key.txt, and putting it c:\Security Key.txt
SUCCESS!
[/quote]

I get no errors, but the file isnt there.  I tried several files but nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions?

To say the obvious, you do not close the local file you are writing to. Try adding

[code]fclose($handle);[/code]

somewhere after the ftp session has ended and try again.

No one has experience in PHP FTP?  I would have thought this was a very simple operation and have gotten an answer very quickly!  Someone out there has got to know what I am doing wrong.

Ok here is what I have found out.

The server is saving the file on the server side in its current public_html dir as c:\$filename.  How can I save this FTP file on a local drive instead?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.