[SOLVED] Wordpress at root. PHP/mysql pages in sub directories

defeated

Hi,

I want to run a blog.  That bit is easy.

I also want to have some pages attached to the blog that will run off their own db (not wp).

I have done it where the blog was "dropped into" a site before, changing the header to add in the site menu and the css to make it fit in with the rest of the site, but this time I need WP to be the top level.

The trouble is I can't figure out how to do it.  You can't just plop in a page called 'whatever.php' into the top level of the WP code.  I could make a sub directory and direct to that directory from a menu, but I don't know where to put that sub directory.

Should it be a child directory of whichever theme folder I'm using or should it be a child directory of the top level directory?

• 4 weeks later...

You could put it in the root directory of wordpress, tho upgrading wp after you had done this could be a bit awkward. Placing it in your theme directory would probably be the easiest.

Having said that ive setup my own php scripts in a php-code directory of my wordpress root http://www.idontplaydarts.com/code/sudoku-solver/ posts to http://www.idontplaydarts.com/php-code/sudoku/sudoku_flex.php - when i want to upgrade my wordpress I just make sure i dont touch the php-code directory - it might be nicer to house the php-code directory outside of the wp root all together and use an alias to map it back in...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.