using PEAR in php(cant get Frontend_Web to work)

hello all,
i had a question about installing PEAR's Frontend web GUI, not sure if this is the best forum to post on but here goes:
i installed pear in my php directory. so path to packages is C:\php\pear\PEAR\

i then installed PEAR_Frontend_Web with
pear install --alldeps channel://pear.php.net/PEAR_Frontend_Web-0.5.1

so now there is a Frontend Folder and a Frontend.php in C:\php\pear\PEAR\.

Now my apache is in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs so i guess i need to make an Alias to that PEAR folder.
So where is the file to start installing files? i assume its either Frontend.php in PEAR folder, or one of files in the PEAR\Frontend folder.
I wasnt sure if i should make an Apache Alias for the PEAR folder or PEAR\Frontend for security purposes?
but anyway i did just to see if the web interface was a file in one of those, but none brought up a web frontend in my browser (just a blank page with an error on it).

Anyone get PEAR_Frontend_Web to work? and if you can help on what i am doing wrong that would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Arian

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.