Search in dreamweaver

I am new to php in dreamweaver, i have setup my sql database and can connect to it via dreamweaver mx,i want to create a database with name,telephone number and address and create asearch field in dreamweaver with the name,phone number and address so people can search fora name and get all the other information about them(phone number,address.

Also i have all the date saved in microsoft access format,how can i transfer to mysql database or convert it to mysql database.

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.

if you can export access to Excel you shoudl be all set. You can then take the Excel document and export as a text file and you can upload a text file to PHPMyAdmin.

I use Navicat to build and moify my table on my computer then upload the exported files to PHPMyadmin.(My provided soes not allow me direct access with Navicat (MySQL GUI).

http://www.navicat.com/

Free 30 trial which is nice, there are a ton of these out there if you look some are better than others, I liked this one for the price and options.

Good luck, if you need help I will do what I can but I have very littel experience with Access.

Josh

Easy method for what you wish to achieve is to create a sigle form with dynamic list menu. Create a recordset to search by name and then use that date to populte the list menu. Create another page to display results based on a recordset to form variable. Call the form/listmenu into your resultes page with :-

<?php include ('filename.php');?>.

Result page will now show the form and once a selection has been made the page will refresh and display results.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.