Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crazylegseddie

Search Tutorial?

Hi anyone, just a quick comment to see if anyone can advise me or give me a url to an appropriate search tutorial/script available on the web to suit the following:

I need to perform a search of album tracklistings, which when a user types in an artist, title or label name within a search then it will display results of all the albums that have the appropriate search, which will link to the main product.

If anyone knows of a type of appropriate search I can use it will be greatly appreciated.

Thx :)

What are you searching?  Don't say album titles either......I know that.

What we need to know is, are you using a database, if so, which one?  Are you useing a text file with all of the information stored in a formatted way?  Are the names of albums scattered hopelessly across your file system so that the server must search through entire directories to find a particular file name?

If you are using MySQL, here is a link to the phpfreaks.com search tutorial...

http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials/129/0.php

I think this is a record, I've posted that link 4 times now in I think three days.

The way my MySQL database is set up is that each product has 'pd_id' 'pd_name' 'pd_price' 'pd_quantity' 'pd_description' 'pd_more' 'pd_more2'

The tracklist users both pd_more & pd_more2. So i would need the search to look at both these fields then display the results and show the user the 'pd_name' of all the products that meet the search criteria and display a link to the main product. the products link like categories.php?c=0&p=4 with 'p' being the pd_id.

Hope that helps clarify my description

thx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.