Zen Cart customization

TGWSE_GY

Zen cart can look however you want it to look.

The easiest way to skin a zen cart is to copy the default template folder, rename it as a custom template, remove all css, and in the admin area select your new template as the default. 

You then have the bare bones code and can style it however you want.

IE developers toolbar and firebug (for firefox) help greatly.

This is how I customize all zen cart clients - and I have done some heavy customizing.  :)

I'm kind of dealing with the same thing right now. I'm actually being sub-contracted, and there aren't very many restrictions. I made the decision to use CodeIgniter, create my own cart, and create my own checkout. Often times these open source carts have way too many features that people don't need. You can either spend time ripping them out, or just create what you need from scratch. Another bonus is that you won't be effected by the latest exploit, since you're not using something that is part of a big target.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.