Cron Jobs at Heart Internet.

gevans

I've setup a cron job using my admin panel at heart internet.

Everytime it runs I get an email of the results. When I call this file directly it runs fine. When it runs via the cron I get the following errors;

[pre]X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.10

Content-type: text/html

/home/sites/example.co.uk/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/gareth_twitter/cron.php: line 2: ?php: No such file or directory

/home/sites/example.co.uk/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/gareth_twitter/cron.php: line 3: =: command not found

/home/sites/example.co.uk/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/gareth_twitter/cron.php: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `'/home/sites/example.co.uk/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/gareth_twitter/'.$filename'

/home/sites/example.co.uk/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/gareth_twitter/cron.php: line 4: `include('/home/sites/example.co.uk/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/gareth_twitter/'.$filename);'[/pre]

'example' is replaced with my domain.

First three lines of the file;

/usr/bin/php5
<?php
$filename = 'tweets.php';

The first error is on line to where I have the php oppening tags '<?php'. They're offering me now support on this as it's a 'coding' problem.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Cheers,

Gareth

EDIT:

The first line of the file is a line they say to add;

If the scheduled program includes code from a scripting language, the path for the interpreter must be specified before the script. For example, /usr/bin/perl (Perl), /usr/bin/php (PHP 4) or /usr/bin/php5 (PHP 5)

Hmmmmm, they do mention a shebang on the next line of their info;

If the scheduled program includes code from a scripting language, the path for the interpreter must be specified before the script. For example, /usr/bin/perl (Perl), /usr/bin/php (PHP 4) or /usr/bin/php5 (PHP 5)

If the script being run is adapted from a CGI script, ensure the first line of the script is a 'shebang' line containing the correct interpreter path - as above - (for example #!/usr/bin/perl).

I'm trying this as we speak (waiting for an email)....

Sorry, by directly I meant. via a browser while the first line was taken out.... not really a sure thing test...

It may be working now, no errors, but I have to change some flat files to cheque that its working, so we're getting close...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.