Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

faet82

importing email addresses

hi, i got a problem in importing email addresses from the database. anyone has ideas about this? it is greatly appreciated. thanks.

Might be able to offer help if you be more specific about the problem you are having. Error...incorrect address.....ect. Is the database mysql?

yes, im using mysql database. problem is how could i get email address from the database, because the error is [i]Warning: Bad Message destination in c:\apache\htdocs\emailer\email.php on line 66[/i]

how could i loop that each email address from the database will print to $recipient one by one?

have you tried something like this.

[code=php:0]
$sql = mysql_query("SELECT `email` FROM `yourtable` WHERE `something` = '$something'") or die mysql_error());
while ($rw = mysql_fetch_assoc($sql)) {
        $recipent = $rw['email'];
        $subject = "Something";
        $message = "Something else";
        //this below is a simple mail format. I would change this. I only posted it to give you an idea
        mail($recipent, $subject, $message, "From: You<You@yoursite.com>\nX-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion());
}
[/code]

Hope this helps,
Tom

yeah, i already tried that but i still got the same error... what would i do?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.