Cant upload to directory owned by Apache

Mortier

Hello people!

I'm experiencing some problems with my upload script. I have written my own upload script and it uploads to a directory made in that same script. The problem is that due to the SAFE MODE the upload fails.
When I set the permission of the directory to 777 it still doesn't work. I think it has to do with the GID & UID because the directory is Apache and the script-owner is me (ftp account).

I can not alter any settings because I use a webhost.

[b]This is the error:[/b]
Warning: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 558 is not allowed to access /home/ivograsman/domains/ivograsman.nl/public_html/ogp/img/artikelen/2 owned by uid 101 in /home/ivograsman/domains/ivograsman.nl/public_html/ogp/test.php on line 14
[b]There are no $_FILES errors.[/b]

Hope you people can help me!

Greetings,

Alex

Hey

A note on the COPY function on php.net: ## move_uploaded_file Bypasses safe mode and base_dir securities (the function is totally safe, no danger) ##

Here is the function reference:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.move-uploaded-file.php

Note: move_uploaded_file() is not affected by the normal safe mode UID-restrictions. This is not unsafe because move_uploaded_file() only operates on files uploaded via PHP.

Hope it helps.

I don't really see what you exactly mean but I've been trying:

To use the copy function which gives the same error. I've checked the manual for move_uploaded_file() and in the Dutch manual @ http://nl3.php.net/manual/nl/function.move-uploaded-file.php

There's the following statement:
[i]Opmerking: Als safe-mode aan staat, zal PHP kijken of de bestanden of directories waarmee je wilt werken dezelfde UID heeft als het script dat wordt uitgevoerd.[/i]
I can not find this sentence in the English manual, weirdly.
Translation is:
[i]Note: If safe-mode is turned ON, PHP will check if the file or directories you choose to work with have the same UID as the executing script[/i]
This sentence describes the problem perfectly, but does not come with a solution.

But I don't get it because you say:
[i]move_uploaded_file() is not affected by the [b]normal[/b] safe mode UID-restrictions[/i]
This situation is then not a 'normal' one I suppose.

Thanks for your help, though I haven't found a solution yet.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.