[SOLVED] Best place for dedicated windows server?

plznty

What do u recommend, i need to run a bat file from the server?

I would recommend Linux or BSD. Basing your entire host OS on the fact that it needs to execute a bat file is ridiculous, what does this bat file do?

If linux etc then say where i should get from.

There is a sticky at the top of this board that covers recommended hosts.

"The BAT file runs the server"?

That's like saying the Batmobile drives Batman.

The BAT file is the file that acts as my server that people connect to on there client, I need a place to store it.

But im asking for places to get a windows server not all this crap

No offense, but I seriously doubt you can create server software of any kind using just a windows batch file. What's more likely is that this file executes some binary, the server software.

Maybe if you were to give us a little more accurate info we would be able to give you more, and better advice. For example, why are you so positive you need a *dedicated* server? Perhaps a VPS would suffice? What kind of server software are we talking? Maybe it has a *nix version, it's multi-platform or there's a better alternative that'll run on Linux. Of course if you prefer Windows because you don't know how to manage a nix server, that is a good a reason as any, but Windows servers are usually slightly more expensive and you do say you are looking for cheap.

No offense, but I seriously doubt you can create server software of any kind using just a windows batch file. What's more likely is that this file executes some binary, the server software.

Maybe if you were to give us a little more accurate info we would be able to give you more, and better advice. For example, why are you so positive you need a *dedicated* server? Perhaps a VPS would suffice? What kind of server software are we talking? Maybe it has a *nix version, it's multi-platform or there's a better alternative that'll run on Linux. Of course if you prefer Windows because you don't know how to manage a nix server, that is a good a reason as any, but Windows servers are usually slightly more expensive and you do say you are looking for cheap.

Okay thanks for being straight, got a place now anyways cheers

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.