My New Website

Garethp

• 2 weeks later...

Not a great deal to say really. It's quite simple, does it's job. As eatfishy said, the banner doesn't look particularly good though.

There's a spelling mistake on the home page:

..HTML, Javasript and Ajax..

I'd expect to see a contact form from a web developer! There's also a couple of validation errors you should sort out.

+1 The banner is pretty poor, it's so distracting from the content, I can barely read the title.

you might want to consider displaying a larger thumbnail of the sites you have done... also consider linking it to a larger image using a lightbox (Google it).

ILMV

I dont like the banner either, and Ill also agree with ILMV on the porfolio, actually I think that should be your main site focus, because when clients are looking for someone to hire the most telling part is what they have done before, so I relaly think you should include son fancy gallery for easy browsing throug your porfolio, that will really help to (what I think) is the purpose of the site.

Alex,

not feeling the banner either.

Design seems a little plain and like the others have pointed out, you could use lightbox or something to add interactivity to the portfolio part.

Other than that its a  pretty simple website, and it gets to the point

--Sergio

Hey, I just got a friend to design a website for me, and I've entered all the text...

I know you're just a php coder. But I just don't see how someone can program in php without grasping the rudiments of html/css. Especially when your website is extremely simple. What exactly is there so hard about the template that you can't code?

That of in itself, screams unprofessionalism and lack of experience. I guess you get what you asked for. A cheap template that looks unprofessional and cheaply done. Learn how to do it and make it looking great. Or better yet, pay someone to do a really nice portfolio page for you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.