Can't delete permissive files.

mastertofue

Hows it going? (I'm a newb, PHPing for about 2 weeks now.)

Here's the deal, I've been reading and working through the PHP for Dummies book, and I learned pretty much everything it could talk about dealing with Uploaded files. I have a friend that needs to upload me a file larger than 1 gig but I don't want to give him FTP access. I know how to change the php.ini file to deal with the MAX_FILE_SIZE and that's not my problem. When I tested my upload form, it worked fine. But when I went in to my FTP to delete the added files it says that [b]I don't have permission[/b] to do so.

I tried the unlink() function, but that came back with an error :

Warning: unlink(TestFile.pdf): No such file or directory in /home/content/J/o/r/JordanSavant/html/upload/delete.php on line 3

My server hosting is run through GoDaddy so I'm assuming they are the only ones with the root permission to delete them normally.

Is there any other way to delete the files, or a way to change permissions?

Yeah, the more I think about the less I like the idea of transferring the file via upload form.

But never the less, I need to delete those files I tested. As far as ownership goes, I'm the one who bought the domain and hosting with GoDaddy, and I'm the only one with the FTP credentials for access. But I'm assuming that it requires root access to delete, therefore making the folks at Godaddy the "owners".

The permissions are [b]read only[/b], so I can view images and such if I link to them.

Thanks for the hasty response!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.