my design website

dsp77

I agree, very nice site.

My only suggestions are:

[*]Have more informational hierarchy in the main banner copy. The six lines of long text gets lost in my eyes. Maybe make them shorter and a few less lines.

[*]The Footer image looks a little fuzzy, especially compared to the rest of the high quality images on the site.

Maybe someone with more Typography expertise can help here, but mixing serif and sans-serif fonts might be against a few "rules."

Really small suggestions for a great overall site.

Is this a template? It looks very good, my 6th sense is trying to convince me this is a template.

However, it is a very neat design, perhaps a bit too much noise (the two diagonal banners in the corners, etc).

Good work

ILMV

It is a very nice website design...one I can actually find very few flaws with. I congratulate you on this. But the design is much like a block design.

One main thing I must point out is the colours you have used in your design. The red text for the 'xhtml' part of the logo, and for the hyperlinks...is just to bright. It makes the text of the link and logo a bit hard to read, as well as hurting the eyes. Maybe change it to the colour of the orange you have in the banner for the word 'most'.

Another small thing I must point out is there is a spelling mistake on the contact page, on the templates description text underneath the heading on the right hand side of the design.

Well done.

I think the site is pretty good, but there are a couple of issues I think you need to consider.

1st, the size of what is essentially a header block (The coffee cup) is way too big.  What this block does in each page, is essentially nothing different from a header, and yet it takes up almost the entire above the fold area.  As for the coffee cup image itself, while it's not horrible, it does beg the question: what are you selling?  Does a coffee cup somehow universally denote "great web design?"

2nd, you use strong lines to separate your sections, and it's well known that this subliminally indicates that the content is separate and complete.  This is again going to discourage users from scrolling to see your content.  You could probably come up with a way of breaking that seperation as you did at the top with the breakout corners on each side of the Header.

Overall, I think it looks pretty nice.  Why the hosting ad at the top?  The logo certainly can use some help, it is very boring and should stand out a little more in my opinion.  You have no branding at the moment. I don't like the rather large gap between your content area and the right column . With that large banner I'd consider increasing your font size, things are not very proportioned very well as it is right now.  The red links on the dark grey background are tough to read and don't look right. 

Usually in a portfolio section you get a little bit of information about what you did for the client, also maybe a thumb or small image that will lead to a larger graphic so the user doesn't necessarily have to go to the client website.  Your portfolio just shows a small graphic and takes your directly to the client site, I don't really like that.

Like I said, overall, looks pretty good, but can use some fine tuning.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.