Need a Shopping Cart

jollyguy

Hi,

Our company is looking to buy a shopping off the shelf which can be used in our new website.

This not the regular kind of shopping carts where we sell products, here we would be most of the time selling events/services eg. Cruise, Boat Ride, Go Karting, Events happeing on specific days of the week, etc.

I am not sure where I can find a shopping cart which is customizable (with different kind of discounts, etc.) and functions as above.

Would appreciate if you guys can forward me any possible links to similar cart you porbably know.

Thanks and regards

JG

i would recommend checking into [url=http://www.zencart.com/]ZenCart[/url]. it's open source, but it's about the best i've found. it's very customizable, and there is a very solid support base. if you're [i]wanting[/i] to pay for one, you may even look at using an open source one and paying someone to mod it for you. i would recommend steering clear of OSCommerce for new projects since their support seems to have dropped off with their last revision.

Actually, I forgot about that. Scrap OSCommerce from my list as it is now very much a dated application and does infact break in most instances off the shelf, requiring several user contributions to be installed (awkwardly in some cases) post main installation which is nothing shy of a PITA.

[quote author=jollyguy link=topic=104617.msg417354#msg417354 date=1155821655]
Thanks for the reply, but does ZenCart support the kind of products I am planning to sell. It involves a lot of date based bookings in it.
[/quote]

that's something that would be much better answered by their community. i've used it a couple times, but i don't know it inside and out. most likely, "out of the box" the answer would be no, but it could probably be modded to support it without too much difficulty

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.