Dreamweaver/PHP - desgin mode WTF!!!!

Hi

Please help, I am a noob at all this dev stuff. I have however managed to get a site up and running. The site is currently just a forum (phpbb) my problem is this.

I used filezilla to upload and set the thing up, and it worked 100%. I then wanted to add stuff to the site and do some cosmetic and layout changes. I installed dreamweaver and set up an FTP link to the site with “Manage Site” thingie. I could view the and edit the site with no problems. Even in design mode I could see the page layout and what was where. I did my changes saved then and closed dreamweaver.

The next day when I wanted to do more changes I could not view anything in design mode, code mode is fine but I can not see the layout of the page in design mode. Why is this??? Please help get design mode back. As a noob right now it is only way that I can see what I am doing.

Thx
???

Make sure you have the correct project selected. Also you cannot edit PHP files via Design Mode as Dreameweaver will show  a little PHP symbol where the PHP code is. If you have phpBB you should only be editting the .tpl files to change the design of the forum. If you are editing the php files then you'll to use the Code view to edit the PHP code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.