23 replies to this topic

#21 HeyRay2

HeyRay2
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

redarrow, there is no reason to pull the company ID into a $_SESSION variable, because the value only needs to exist on ONE page.

So, apart from me not adding data validation code (which I excluded for reasons of simplicity in my example) no, my suggestion was not bad advice, but commonly used code for this type of situation.

I really do appreciate the efforts but this is not what I am seeking....My whole point is not having to edit or ammend the existing query scripts... thus the want for something (hyperlinked text) that I could put into existing row cells that would capture the id of the row in which it resides...and reflect this (unique row id) in the initially displayed link...

slashpine, it seems that we're on different pages here. Can you post the code and queries you currently have so that I can get a better of what data we have to work with, and we can go from there.

#22 slashpine

slashpine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

that is my point this quest has nothing to do with the current query scripts... what I am seeking has no bearing on the originating queries...

Right now I have an empty column in an existing tabel row... what I am seeking is the an "<href" string that will parse the actual id of that particular row and return it to the string being displayed in the original results display...

the main question of all this is...How do I get the actual row id from a variable that resides in that row?

#23 HeyRay2

HeyRay2
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:13 PM

Actually, it has everything to do with your current queries, because I can't help you determine what row data to parse if you can't provide me with what row data you are querying.

Post your query code here so I can what data you are pulling, so then I can tell help you access that data.

#24 slashpine

slashpine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:27 AM

I do appreceiate all the efforts but the fact of the matter is....

what I am seeking  and what I have described in finite detail within this thread could theoretically be used in ANY databse that has an "id" field and one to contain the "link" string...regardless of  any other  fields.

i.e.,...what I asked for is the syntax of a string that when returned as a query result (regardless of any other columns being queried) so that said string would contain the id of the row where the string originally resided.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users