The hierarchy line up of phpfreaks.com

PugJr

We have 7 classes in PHPFreaks: Peasants, Dukes, Barons, Kings wait er...Generics, Supporters, Moderators, Adminstrators, Gurus, recommended, and Staff alumni.

So far I've gotten this far on how it works, from worst to best:

Generics

Supporters

Gurus

Recommended (I based this decision on that Nrg_alpha was promoted to Recommended after he was already a guru.)

Now I'm pretty sure on the first four I'll take a guess and say:

Moderators are next.

Now between Administrator and Staff alumni? I mean you gotta give it, staff alumni sounds pretty awesome even though I don't know what it means but Administrator sounds pretty much top.

(Also in other news, this is my first topic in PHPFreaks.com Questions, Comments, & Suggestions that wasn't moved here by someone else and then watch this get moved to misc.  >:( )

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,232740.0.html

Fortunately, I've taken my time to write up a guide/overview already :)

Now between Administrator and Staff alumni? I mean you gotta give it, staff alumni sounds pretty awesome even though I don't know what it means but Administrator sounds pretty much top.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alumni

alumni: a former associate, employee, member, or the like

Ah, so staff alumni, supporter, and generics are all equal. Thanks, didn't know that.  :)

Not quite.. while alumni may no longer carry the Ban Hammer around anymore, but they are still incredibly knowledgable and have access to otherwise restricted portions of the site (guru+ as they were once staff members themselves). So while they may no longer carry staff privelges, they're higher than regulars in my opinion (on that note, I'm not sure how easy it is to re-enstate staff status if they choose to return to those duties).

Supporters could be any rank when you consider that say a regular member and an admin can both be donators and thus carry the supporter badge. This category in my opinion is not a rank related one whatsoever.

I think the alumni could really be considered higher than Guru (not sure about nrg_alpha) since they (as far as a I know) have access to more forums.

Yep. For that reason, I personally consider alumni to be among mods / admins (thus above gurus / recommended).EDIT - They just don't carry any special privlieges staff might carry from how I understand it.. in this case, privilege != access)

Well, I think they are categorized the way they are due to not having staff privileges like they used to.. I don't think it's really important to re-label such statuses however. But that's just my 2 cents. I was just being merely pedantic is all, but for general purposes, the current description works fine imo.

Officially they're not higher. They may get more respect from people than regular members, but that's an entirely different thing.

Didn't Thorpe just say they have the same access as a Guru? Or does a Guru have the same access as a generic? Or am I not understanding something?

since they (as far as a I know) have access to more forums.

We have the same access as guru I'm sure.

Officially they're not higher. They may get more respect from people than regular members, but that's an entirely different thing.

Didn't Thorpe just say they have the same access as a Guru? Or does a Guru have the same access as a generic? Or am I not understanding something?

You lose your superpowers when you leave the team.

You lose your superpowers when you leave the team.

My wife may disagree :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.