website design stuff like that.

bogdaniel

Hello i've just started to build a website for my boss that will have an online shop a photo gallery a presentation of the company(it's a small one i don't know what he wants to write) a contact form, projects that have been done by them. and this means it will require a lot of php and mysql in it.

on the design part i was thinking on going on flash animations but because of the php and other things that will need to be implemented.. i'm not sure what to do the website is about decorating interior designs.

My question is should i go for a static design or for a flash implementation and if i got for flash should be entire website or do some hard coded stuff and make a part of it flash and other parts be pure php css.... i need an advice.. maybe ideas about the design the guy showed me that he would want something like:

http://www.innova.ro

http://www.roma.ro/

http://www.kartell.it/

Please don't use Flash. I get a good portion of my customers because somebody made them a Flash site that isn't working well for them. Because you will need to have alternate content for your Flash site, you end up making the site twice if you do it the right way. Save yourself the pain.

Please don't use Flash. I get a good portion of my customers because somebody made them a Flash site that isn't working well for them.

Lucky you, surely you should be convincing more people to use Flash, may aswell drum up some business...  ;)

Flash certainly has its place as creative media.  Works great for entertainment such as movie and game websites and also can serve rich content to other selected markets.  It really depends on many factors, but to say don't use flash because you don't personally like it isn't very helpful to people who may be trying to learn.

Actually flash is best describer for the entertainment site and it depend that if your site is like entertainment on games so you use it but it make site heavy and low speed and some time visitor cannot read total description due to blinking or animation of the text.

Please don't use Flash. I get a good portion of my customers because somebody made them a Flash site that isn't working well for them.

Lucky you, surely you should be convincing more people to use Flash, may aswell drum up some business...  ;)

I agree with him though, flash gets a bit annoying because you don't have a background source for it just in case it doesn't work.

Flash certainly has its place as creative media.  Works great for entertainment such as movie and game websites and also can serve rich content to other selected markets.  It really depends on many factors, but to say don't use flash because you don't personally like it isn't very helpful to people who may be trying to learn.

I didn't say I don't personally like Flash. I said that I make new websites for customers who have Flash websites that don't work well for them. Most web designers/developers don't provide alternate content and the result is a site with little or zero SEO value. The truth is, I really don't like Flash except for the video player capabilites, but my opinion of Flash doesn't change the fact that alternate content is needed to make it perform well.

Do you want to see a site with Flash done right? Check out Hemet Pool Care. View the source, and see how the alternate content is applied.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.