Expanding table width

Jocka

all I want this to do is "slowly" expand this tables width. I've tried just about everything i could think/find. I searched many tutorials on google but none of them actually "expand' the table, they just hide it.
I tried using this code, and to ME it looks like it should work.. but it doesn't..

(ITS NOT LETTING ME POST MY JAVASCRIPT CODE SO IM THROWING SOME B/S STUFF IN THERE TO 'HIDE' IT)
[code]
<html>
<head>
<--script type="text/-javascript">
function expand(tblid) {
if (tbl = document.getElementById(tblid)) {
var i=0
for (i=0;i<=10;i++)
{
tbl.width=i
}
}
}
</--script>
</head>
<body onload="expand('test')">
<table border="1">
<tr>
<td id="test" name="test">TEST</td>
</tr>
</table>

</body>
</html>
[/code]
What am I doing wrong here?

Yeah that was quite intresting. I tried what I said to you. And the thing is delay do not work. Perhaps that I missed something but browser does not redraw the table till the end function (at the end it's expanded by the way but I do not see that expand effect). And delays was nearly crushing my browser :)

[quote author=Jocka link=topic=104692.msg417743#msg417743 date=1155860426]
(ITS NOT LETTING ME POST MY JAVASCRIPT CODE SO IM THROWING SOME B/S STUFF IN THERE TO 'HIDE' IT)
[/quote]

It's because of their Intrusion Prevention System (IPS). More info here: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,104265.0.html

Hi guys I had a go at it. I have it working, needs a bit of work. I have tried many times to post the code, but i get a page not found or something and when i did post it, the javascript was missing,  if u want it mail me and i will mail you the code, or just come visit me at my site and i will post it for u. Sorry guys, i did try my best to post it here. my site is www.cy2online.net

[quote author=syed link=topic=104692.msg420474#msg420474 date=1156312097]
Hi guys I had a go at it. I have it working, needs a bit of work. I have tried many times to post the code, but i get a page not found or something and when i did post it, the javascript was missing,  if u want it mail me and i will mail you the code, or just come visit me at my site and i will post it for u. Sorry guys, i did try my best to post it here. my site is www.cy2online.net
[/quote]
You can post it here, but you have to edit the javascript like I did. put dashes in it like this:
[code]
<--script type="text/-javascript">

// code

</---script>
[/code]

This is the code.

<style>

td.td1
{
font-family:tahoma;
}

</style>

<script language=javascript>

var counter=0;

function expand(){

counter = counter +10;

if (counter <= 100){
Id = window.setTimeout("expand()",15);
}

document.getElementById("td1").innerHTML = "<table border=1><tr><td valign=top height='" + counter + "'>Test</td></tr></table>";
}

</script>

<a href="#" onclick="expand()">Expand</a>

<table>
<tr>
<td id="td1" class="td1"></td>
</tr>
</table>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.