MSSQL without recompile

brownrl

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to get PHP conencting to a MSSQL database without recompiling PHP.

I am on an ubuntu machine and I would like PHP to stay handled by apt. So if I use sources and such apt will no longer e in charge of updating php. Ideally, I would be looking for a class or library that I could just include.

Is this possible?

--- Rob

• 1 month later...
You are being a little confusing as apt is Linux specific and to the best of my knowledge MSSQL wont work on Linux.
My setup is Ubuntu as the test client and the server has Windows XP, Apache and PHP and I suspect that you may want to do something similar.
Do remember that PHP runs on the server not the client and to the best of my knowledge MSSQL has to be on the server.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote author=stockton link=topic=104766.msg443642#msg443642 date=1159533497]
You are being a little confusing as apt is Linux specific and to the best of my knowledge MSSQL wont work on Linux.
My setup is Ubuntu as the test client and the server has Windows XP, Apache and PHP and I suspect that you may want to do something similar.
Do remember that PHP runs on the server not the client and to the best of my knowledge MSSQL has to be on the server.
[/quote]
Yes, MSSQL has to be on the server.  A windows server.  However, the web server can be on another server of any type, including linux.  3-tier.

As for doing it with MSSQL, sorry, never done it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.