[SOLVED] <= ie6 png support

Adam

Hi guys. Just working on a new design project that seems to make use of a lot of PNG images. Just wondering what you guys generally use to fix PNG support for IE6 versions and below? Several methods available but what's the most reliable, light-weight fix?

Thanks

Adam

Hah, yeah good point. I have mentioned to the client several times to upgrade his browser but so far he's not been interested. I've requested some stats on his current site to find out exactly what % of his users use IE6 or below and I'll go from there. I fear though that the target audience are those more likely to be using IE6.

You can try any of these that are mentioned

http://net.tutsplus.com/videos/screencasts/5-easy-ways-to-tackle-ie6s-transparency-issues/

To be honest, I've pretty much thrown in the towel on IE6.  I've actually stopped even looking at it.  I'm going to just start using a conditional banner at the top, like the opposite of the corny ones you used to see in footers (this site best viewed in blah blah).  Rather than that, i'll just say the website may not look exactly as intended, and kindly upgrade or try one of these free browsers, x -y -z.

I really like using transparent pngs as background images and its more of a pain then it is worth to cater to ie6.

edit:  I've used the ie7 fix, twin helix, and ddbelated, I think the IE7 fix was the easiest to implement but required you to rename transparent pngs to name_trans.png. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.