• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 llarich

llarich
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:54 PM

I have mySQL 5.0.24 installed(although this has happened on previous mysql 5 versions)
I also have php 5.14 and Apache 2.0.59 installed(also, this has happened on previous versions of php and apache) Therefore this bug is not newly introduced by the versions of software.

My System is Windows XP.

The system is a standalone system for internal use that only 1 or 2 users connect to at a time. Every now and then when a user runs a php script or goes to a php page, I get an error such as the following

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (/2003): in C:\ApacheServer\Apache2\htdocs\hfic2\std_includes\dbWrapper.php on line 119
Error: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10048)

The computer is a dual core 3.2 GHZ intel with 2GB of memory.

Any ideas? I was thinking a poor memory configuration issue possibly? Connection use is max 11, traffic is max 556,102, and number of sql queries is max 400 when view with MySQL Administrator.

This is not a coding issue as the section of code it is relating to is simply a mysqli_connect line.

#2 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:05 PM

Hard to say... there are too many variables.
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

#3 llarich

llarich
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:56 PM

What would normally cause this issue of the connection to disappear? What are some variables you would need to now to narrorw down the possibilities?

#4 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:13 AM

If it's transient, it's going to be difficult to diagnose.... I guess you could be running out of connections, though the defaults are usually set quite high.
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

#5 llarich

llarich
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:00 PM

If I showed you my status and system variables, would you be able to see anything obviously wrong?

Thanks

#6 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:59 PM

Unlikely... just see what the your connection limits are set to, and if the mysql error log has anything revealing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users